Sunday 15 April 2012

My First QAL

I was blog browsing and came across this quilt along and decided to join in.  It's called My Precious Quilt Along hosted by Kelly of KelbySews.  What got me interested is that it is a very relaxed QAL, something that I could handle since I still consider myself a novice quilter.  In this quilt along, Kelly has encouraged quilters to use their most precious fabric to make something, anything!  It could be from something small like a mug rug / pot holder to maybe making a tote bag or even a quilt for that matter, just as long as it is from their favourite fabric which they find hard to cut into.  Check out her blog and then join in the fun!  I really encourage anyone who has never done a quilt along, or those of you that have, to try this one out along with me.



I've decided for my first Precious selection to pull some prints from my stash that I've been telling myself I won't cut into unless I find the right project. Well, the time has come and I am now in two minds about which one to start off with.  Is it gonna be Lotta Jansdotter's Echo line making a simple patchwork quilt using 6" squares


or Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks collection using half square triangles for a lap quilt?


These two patterns have been on my to do list for quite awhile and what better way to start on them, right?

I am so excited to put these beautiful fabrics to good use and can't wait to get my rotary cutter out to start cutting into them.

Hope you have a productive week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

If you haven't allowed blogger to "show" your email address, I can only respond to you here - so please check back.