Wednesday 18 April 2012

Third Finish - Loulouthi Tile Quilt

This fabulous Loulouthi fabric line by Anna Maria Horner has been in my stash eversince it was released sometime last year.  It has been sitting  there for quite awhile until I came across Rachel of Stitched In Color's Loulouthi Tiles pattern recently.  I love her great tile layout as it is not only simple but it showcases the lovely large scale prints! I followed her medium sized pattern for this quilt. 




I paired the Loulouthi with Kona Cotton in Snow for the top.











I used Triflora in Lipstick, ( love the bright color! )  pieced with vertical scrap strips for the backing.  I've used Warm and Natural Cotton batting as I find it suitable with our warm weather.













I handquilted several rows of simple straight lines around each large picture tile block like what Rachel has done on her's and single lines on alternate blocks with Perle Cotton No. 8 using colors that matches the blocks.  I bound it with scraps from the front.

I really love how this one turned out.  It measures 61" x 73", a generous size throw, and finally something for ME!   ;)

Happy Quilting Everyone!

10 comments:

  1. So this is the first quilt you've made for yourself. You did a great job FarahLin, its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! I adore your backing and have been thinking of trying something like this.
    I found you from Find a Friend Friday!
    Blessings,
    Gayle from Behind the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love how it really showcases those gorgeous prints! I arrived here from Find a Friend Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gayle, thanks and I encourage you to try out the pattern, it's easy and it was fast putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I'm visiting from Sew Many Ways. Your quilt looks great. I love the Loulouthi fabric and that is such a great pattern to show it off. And I think the handquilting was perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stopping by from Sew Many Ways. Love your Loulouthi quilt, I have that "precious" fabric in my stash too! Really love your hexies!! I am working on some now too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I am a big fan of AMH so I was instantly drawn to this project. You've made a wonderful job of it. Well done. This is definitely going on my list of 'to do' quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth, Ginny and Kirsty, thanks ladies! tried sending a reply to your emails but unfortunately your emails are under 'no-reply blogger' thus am replying through this comment box.

    Beth - i love hand quilting, what about you?

    Ginny - what are you making with your hexies? any plans for your precious fabrics?

    Kirsty - am glad to hear that it will be on your 'to do' list and hope to see one of your's soon.

    Drop me an email, would love to hear from you. Have a great weekend and am really glad you ladies stopped by... =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving surfing your blog... love the fabrics you have used here and the quilting method xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huray! It's lovely and I agree - great job on the backing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

If you haven't allowed blogger to "show" your email address, I can only respond to you here - so please check back.