Thanks to Silvana over at Celebrate Quilts and More for nominating me for the "One Lovely Blog Award". I was naturally delighted of course, as she's a lovely blogger with a great sense of humor and genuinity which I like. Please do check her blog out - besides patchwork, she does an amazing job transforming furnitures / homewares with her painting skills too - just lovely!
From my observation thus far I realized that blogging is not just about you and your blog entries per say (be it words or photos), but also the ability to appreciate other bloggers, be it just a brief message in the comment box! Therefore I often find myself drawn towards warm and friendly blogs/bloggers first and foremost.
So if I pick someone who does not participate in the blogging awards, it's ok not to play along...it's just my way of showing how much your blog inspires me! However if you do want to acknowledge / play along, copy and paste the logo above and abide to the 4 rules.
1. Show Your Thanks!
2. Share Seven Things About Yourself !
* I love my family - my fabulous husband who supports me on everything I do or want to do, my two kids, eldest daughter 17 years and son 13 years of age - they're my pride and joy.
* I love dark chocolate!
* I love music
* My clothes are mostly earth tone / pastels shades but I do love bright colours on non clothing items!
* My favourite place in the world could be anywhere on the globe as long as I'm surrounded by my loved ones, and some sense of community spirit as I step outside my four walls. That's where I'm the happiest.
* I love creating ... quilts, knitting, crocheting... It makes me so happy when I make something for someone and they like it...such a great feeling!
* Love doing this blog and have really enjoyed 'meeting' and making new friends along the way.
3. Nominate Up To 15 Bloggers That You Admire !
So here goes, ( in no particular order ) :
1. Kelsey from Kelsey Sews
2. Rosemary from The Knitting Quilter
3. Deborah from http://simplymissluella.blogspot.com/
4. Lucy from Charm About You
5. Grit from Grit's Life
6. Janine from Rainbow Hare Quilts
7.Ginny from Fish Creek Studio
8. Tara from Happy Momma Quilts
9. Roos from Quiltwork in Progress
10. Manuela from Manuela's Flower Garden
11. Pam from Threading My Way
12. Yzo from Chez Roo
13. Mina from Kinda Quilty
14.Bev from Kainga Happenings
15. Hafza from Hook 'n Needle Creation
4. Contact Each Blogger!
One last point to add is that I actually follow more than the blogs listed and have added more as I go along. There are other blogs that I would love to include but they're not so into the awards thing - I hope you'd check out my blogroll for some of my favourites.
At the end of the day, I'm of the opinion that all decent bloggers are admirable as they want to share something interesting with everyone. As long as we can do that without offending others and exercise tolerance and respect over our differences I think blogging can be rather fun and beneficial.
Happy Blogging Everyone! =)