Tuesday 24 July 2012

I've been 'lovely blogged'


Thanks to Silvana over at Celebrate Quilts and More for nominating me for the "One Lovely Blog Award".  I was naturally delighted of course, as she's a lovely blogger with a great sense of humor and genuinity which I like.   Please do check her blog out - besides patchwork, she does an amazing job transforming furnitures / homewares with her painting skills too - just lovely! 

From my observation thus far I realized that blogging is not just about you and your blog entries per say (be it words or photos), but also the ability to appreciate other bloggers, be it just a brief message in the comment box!   Therefore I often find myself drawn towards warm and friendly blogs/bloggers first and foremost. 

Anyway, I also realize that there's no compulsion for any of them to accept this chain of appreciation amongst bloggers, in fact I'm certain many of them have received some award or another already.   Suffice for them to know that I enjoy following their blogs and to those who follow mine in return, I appreciate it very much, thank you.

So if I pick someone who does not participate in the blogging awards, it's ok not to play along...it's just my way of showing how much your blog inspires me!   However if you do want to acknowledge / play along, copy and paste the logo above and abide to the 4 rules.  

Let's Play!

1. Show Your Thanks!

done


2. Share Seven Things About Yourself !

*  I love my family - my fabulous husband who supports me on everything I do or want to do, my two  kids, eldest daughter 17 years and son 13 years of age - they're my pride and joy.

* I love dark chocolate!

* I love music

* My clothes are mostly earth tone / pastels shades but I do love bright colours on non clothing items!

* My favourite place in the world could be anywhere on the globe as long as I'm surrounded by my loved ones, and some sense of community spirit as I step outside my four walls. That's where I'm the happiest.

* I love creating ... quilts, knitting, crocheting... It makes me so happy when I make something for someone and they like it...such a great feeling!

* Love doing this blog and have really enjoyed 'meeting' and making new friends along the way.


3. Nominate Up To 15 Bloggers That You Admire !

So here goes, ( in no particular order ) :

1. Kelsey from Kelsey Sews

2.  Rosemary from The Knitting Quilter

3. Deborah from http://simplymissluella.blogspot.com/

4. Lucy from Charm About You

5. Grit from Grit's Life

6. Janine from Rainbow Hare Quilts

7.Ginny from Fish Creek Studio

8. Tara from Happy Momma Quilts

9. Roos from Quiltwork in Progress

10. Manuela from Manuela's Flower Garden

11. Pam from Threading My Way

12. Yzo from Chez Roo

13. Mina from Kinda Quilty

14.Bev from Kainga Happenings

15. Hafza from Hook 'n Needle Creation


and finally...

4. Contact Each Blogger!


One last point to add is that I actually follow more than the blogs listed and have added more as I go along.  There are other blogs that I would love to include but they're not so into the awards thing - I hope you'd check out my blogroll for some of my favourites.

At the end of the day, I'm of the opinion that all decent bloggers are admirable as they want to share something interesting with everyone.  As long as we can do that without offending others and exercise tolerance and respect over our differences I think blogging can be rather fun and beneficial. 


Happy Blogging Everyone! =)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely blog award for a lovely person.
    Your such a sweetie.
    Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thanks! and yours is well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award. It's nice to learn a bit more about you. You've only started to blog recently and look how far you have already come. I know you will go much, much further!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you and congrats on your award.

    I totally agree with you that blogging is more than just words and photos and I dont think that I realized this when I first started blogging.

    Mina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! It was so nice of you to choose me as a blog to admire but you so deserve it! I love your blog and look forward to all your posts. I feel blogs actually create friendships and I hope you feel we're friends because I do! Thanks for brightening up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Thank you so much for thinking of me! And you so deserve the Lovely Blog award! I agree with you! It's the interchange between bloggers that is so important! Supporting each other in our creative work is what makes blogging so unique and special! Thanks again, blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much!! I really enjoy following your blog and I feel so special that you enjoy following mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the award! Well deserved... your blog is a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award and thank you so much for nominating me! This is a lovely surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your well deserved award and thanks so much for passing it on to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Farah and congratulations on your award! I always enjoy reading your blog. I never play any award game before,it might take me a day or two but I will try. Best wishes...Hafza:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your award Farah! I look forward to your posts and your lovely projects! I admire your patience (your wonderful hand pieceing!) but most of all I appreciate your positive support and encouragement! Indeed a lovely quality!
    Thank you for choosing me as a recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Farah,

    A super big hug coming from Down Under to you. Blogging really is fun, especially with such nice people like you blogging. Have a happy day. Will include something in Monday's post.

    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Your blog deserve the award! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

If you haven't allowed blogger to "show" your email address, I can only respond to you here - so please check back.