Saturday 17 March 2012

2010 Quilts

I would like to show you pictures of what I've been doing over the past two years and this post is about the few quilts which I've completed in 2010.

First off is a lap quilt that measures 45" x 52" which I've made for my hubby's late grandmother, Zaharah.  She turned 90 on the 24th of December, 2010. It was an early birthday gift since I finished this piece in August.

She had/used the quilt for about 7 months until she passed away of old age in late March last year. May her soul rest in peace.  Al-Fatehah. Opah we miss you!

This quilt is now in my aunt-in-law's home and is being well used by her grandchildren.



This baby quilt was made for my sister-in-law, Eila's newborn, Aisyah Zahra in May 2010.



This quilt was done by hand from start to finish. Nordzie, a dear friend of mine - a VERY TALENTED quilter I might add, showed Nahar and I, the steps and techniques used to assemble this quilt.
The 'CatNap' quilt measures 38" square.



Nahar (another good friend) and I purchased our sewing machine about the same time in 2010.  Since both of us were relatively new to quilting back then, we took up a beginner's patchwork and quilting class at our LQS in Ampang.




This is the outcome of it. The sampler quilt measures 40" square. The blocks were done by hand and machine. I used machine to stitch the hearts in one of the blocks as I wanted to learn machine applique.  

Thanks to Mr. Chan, Ms. Wai and Alice of Cottage Patch, for your patience and guidance!  We've enjoyed the weekly sessions whilst we were there.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

If you haven't allowed blogger to "show" your email address, I can only respond to you here - so please check back.