I have mostly used Denyse Schmidt's Greenfield Hill line -dogwood colourway, a mix of prints, Essex Cotton/ Linen solids and a whole lot of Kona Cotton in Snow.
It was a lot of fun cutting the fabrics using Kate's 'stack and slash' method.
I wanted to add more blocks as I wanted the quilt to be bigger and the blocks smaller than the original design. So after a few exchanges of emails with Kate and based on her recommendations, I made the blocks smaller without compromising the look and added 9 extra blocks to make it 72" square. Love the improv look!
Quilting was fun too. I hand quilted it using Perle Cotton No. 8 and
followed Kate's method
using masking tape to mark out the squares and then quilted on the inside and outside of the tape.
and did the same for this one. I used
Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley line-new day colourway for the backing and added a few green prints to tie up with the front of the quilt.
I made up two scrappy binding strips using the remaining fabrics I have used for the front and placed them randomly on the sides and I love how it looks!
I am very happy with how it turned out and knowing that my son, Iliya loves it....PRECIOUS!!!