Thursday 15 March 2012

The Start of Something New


I bought this book back in February 1995 with the intention of making a baby quilt for my first newborn.


I chose this pattern to be my first newborn's quilt because I love the simplicity of this design.

This quilt was hand-pieced since I did not own a sewing machine back then and for the hearts, I did a needle turn applique following the instructions from the book. 

I hand-quilted it and the whole process took me about a month from start to finish. 


The quilt measures 32" x 40".

I should have used a darker fabric for the hearts to make them pop up (lesson learned) but am still pleased with how it turned out since it was the first quilt I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

If you haven't allowed blogger to "show" your email address, I can only respond to you here - so please check back.